Thursday, March 12, 2009

Footballer attacked by Celtic fans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/4627244.stm

Rangers striker Peter Lovenkrands claims he has been attacked twice by Celtic supporters.

The Dane, who is out of contract in the summer, also revealed that he now refuses to go out in Glasgow alone.

Lovenkrands, who has scored 10 goals in eight games, told The Sun: "I've twice been hit by Celtic fans when going out having fun.

"If I want to go out, I never go alone. Most of the time I have one of my Scottish friends, Matt, with me."

Lovenkrands says he will only go out in public with his "minder" by his side.

"He is my Scottish shadow and he's helped me with good advice about where to go and not to go at certain times," he said.

Lovenkrands is currently considering his future at Rangers, with clubs in England and the Continent showing interest.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...