Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Celtic fans trash American stars car


FORMER Rangers star Alejandro Bedoya last night vowed to dump Celtic out of the Champions League – as revenge for Hoops fans trashing his car.


The American midfielder has joined Helsingborgs on a short-term deal after quitting the Ibrox club.
But he’s guaranteed a swift return to Scotland after the Swedish champs drew Neil Lennon’s side in the play-off round for the Champions League. Celtic head to Sweden next week for the first leg before a return clash at Parkhead a week later.
And the 25-year-old plans to heap pain on the Hoops supporters who laid waste to his car last season.
Bedoya told a Swedish newspaper: “I was a sub in a derby at Parkhead so I can tell Helsingborgs about the atmosphere of hatred coming down from the stands.
“I had my car damaged by Celtic fans but these things happen. I will be extra ready and have promised my old pals at Rangers to do one last thing for them by knocking Celtic out.
“I got a lot of messages from Rangers friends. They told me: ‘Knock Celtic out of the Champions League.’”
Bedoya, who joined Gers from Swedish side Orebro last year, faces a fight to prove his fitness ahead of next Tuesday’s first leg.
And that game, which kicks off at 7.45pm, will be screened live on STV.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...