Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dundee Boss feared Celtic fans' "full scale riot"


DUNDEE last night slammed Celtic fans for their shameful Boxing Day behaviour at Dens Park.
Seething stadium boss Jim Thomson admitted he feared “a full-scale riot”.

Fans openly urinated in stands and fought with each other, with Dundee revealing more than 70 punters were ejected from the ground.

Thomson, blasted: “I have never seen anything like the behaviour of the Celtic fans in the 20 years that I have been running games at Dens Park. Our fans were abused, our stewards were abused and no doubt the police were abused.

“My staff were genuinely at risk and it was not just a small minority to blame.

“I’m not pulling any punches here. I did not feel safe. It was like a throwback to the 1970s. It really was scary. I had Celtic fans coming up to me to tell me in the street they were embarrassed by their own fans’ behaviour and the state they were in.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4715583/Inside-story-Yobs-who-shamed-Celtic-at-Dens.htm
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...