Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ex Celtic manager slams Neil Lennon

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article1639430.ece
"After such a heavy Old Firm defeat the sensible thing to do would have been to stay indoors.

I know you can’t stop people going out and having fun, but there is a time and place for everything — and Sunday night was not the time for Lenny to go out.

When I was playing with Celtic me and the lads used this bar/restaurant on St Vincent Street.

We’d go out together as a team and all our wives would be with us.

We knew we’d be out of harm’s way and we could relax and enjoy our evening.

Times have changed for sure. But when I look back to my playing days I can honestly say I never really wanted to hit the town after any defeat, let alone a defeat to Rangers.

Look at big Stephen McManus. Do you think that the Celtic captain fancied a few beers with his mates on Sunday night? Not likely.

He’d know exactly how the Celtic fans were feeling and he would have headed home, drawn the curtains and crawled straight into bed.

Lennon’s timing could not have been WORSE.

He’s been in Glasgow long enough now to know these terrible things can happen, especially after an Old Firm game.

It’s not right but this is the shocking reality for Celtic and Rangers stars.

But remember, Lennon is no longer a player, he is a now a coach and that carries extra responsibility.

He really should have known better in my opinion.

Yet I know he will be regretting leaving the house on Sunday night. He will have apologised to everyone at the club, not least manager Gordon Strachan."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...