Thursday, November 22, 2007

Referee Home Targeted By Celtic Fans

Referee Mike McCurry's home has been targeted by Celtic supporters who blamed him for Henrik Larsson's double jaw break.

McCurry officiated the Scottish Premier League game on Sunday as the Scottish champions defeated Livingston 2-1.

An accidental clash with Livi's Gustave Bahoken at Celtic Park left Swedish striker Henrik Larsson requiring an operation for the double fracture.

McCurry's home came under attack 48 hours later, when three of the windows were smashed.

He told the Daily Express: "I was informed in fairly colourful language that I was to blame, although I don't quite see how it was my fault, or what I could have done to prevent the player sustaining such an injury.

"But I suppose these things are all part and parcel of being a referee, albeit that it was most unpleasant at the time.

"Naturally, I informed the police and they are now looking into the matter."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/2761003.stm
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...